Opinion/s of Compliance are prepared in accordance with the formats recommended by the Law Society of Ireland Conveyancing Handbook.
The principal objective of an Opinion on Compliance report is to report on the substantial compliance of specified
developments with planning and building regulations and provide documentation for use by your legal advisor.
Scope – What the Service includes
- A visual inspection of specified, completed, developments at the property (residential or commercial). The
developments to be inspected should be specified by the client at the time of booking.
- A Site Visit. The Opinion on Compliance service includes one visit to the property.
- Planning Office Visit. A visit to the planning office is relevant only to an Opinion on Compliance with Planning
Permission. Planning permission for the specified developments is researched and findings included in the final
- A Report providing an Opinion on Compliance for Exempt Development or an Opinion on Compliance with
Planning Permission, as relevant. The report includes the engineer’s opinion in relation to compliance with
planning permission and building regulations in respect of the specified development(s)
Limitations of Opinion
- Opinions are based on a visual inspection of the named structural aspects of the development only (as per details
submitted in quote). They are issued to provide evidence for title purposes of the substantial compliance of the
relevant development with: –
a. Planning control, within the meaning of the Planning Acts.
b. Building regulations, within the meaning of the Building Control Acts.
- Opinions are not a report or survey on the current physical condition or the structure of the relevant works. The
Opinion is not a replacement for a Certificate of Compliance that covers the original design and construction of the development, but is solely provided to facilitate the conveyancing process.
- Opinions do not warrant, represent, or consider any of the following:
• Matters in respect of private rights and obligations.
• Matters of financial contributions and bonds.
• Development of the property which may occur after the date of issue of the Opinion.
- The planning files researched for an Opinion on Compliance with Planning Permission are provided by the Local
Planning Authority. We can only comment on what is contained in the files that are presented to us for inspection
by the Planning Authority. The files may be incomplete, documents may have been misfiled, removed, or even
altered, therefore we do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information or data. We do not claim
that this source represents an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all sources that might be consulted.
- When a planning permission refers to an entire multi-unit or apartment block complex, house estates or multi-unit commercial centres, the Opinion on Compliance Certificate will be restricted to the individual unit only and not the entire development.
- An Opinion will refer to substantial compliance with planning permission and building regulations, saving and
except such deviations as would not warrant, in the opinion of the engineer, the issue of enforcement proceedings as provided for in the Building Control Acts.
Price and Payment
- Valid numbered quotations are provided in writing and are valid for thirty days from the date of issue.
- Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Payment is taken at the time of booking.
- If subsequent re-inspection is required, an additional fee will be quoted for and charged accordingly.
- Reports are issued to you by email and by hard copy using normal post. The email will contain a link to a secure
site, where the certificate can be viewed and downloaded.
- PDF / emailed reports are provided in colour.
- Hard copy reports will be issued in black and white. The hardcopy of the report will be posted to the person and
address nominated by you at the time of booking.
- The Client may terminate an Agreement but must give a minimum of two working days’ notice.
- If a cancellation or a postponement takes place within two working days of the inspection, then 75% of the fee
paid will be refunded.
File Name: : : TCOpinionOnCompliance20220214V06