Here’s the answer…
Our thorough Pre-Purchase Building Survey will mean that YOU won’t get stuck buying a Money Pit.
- All our Pre-Purchase Building Surveys are independent and unbiased. Our firm is not affiliated with any Estate Agency or Building Contractors
- Our sole objective is to ensure that you are provided with independent professional advice to allow you make the best decision and protect your long term interest, preferable before you make your investment.
Over 20,000 families and businesses in the Greater Dublin Area, Cork and Kerry have already chosen Property Health Check for their Building Surveying needs and we listen to what our customers say…
Property Health Check offers a specialist array of surveys to suit our clients requirements
- Pre-Purchase Building Surveys
- Infrared Surveys
- Damp and Condensation Surveys
- Party Wall and Boundary Wall Surveys
- Insulation Surveys
- Certificates and Opinions of Compliance with Building Regulations and Planning Permission and Exemption from Planning
- Surveys on Cracked Walls and Foundation Settlement
- Advice of Attic Conversions and House Extensions
Why is Property Health Check different from other surveying firms in Ireland?
We offer Pre-Purchase Building Surveys that assist our clients in making informed decisions before buying their property. We also offer almost every type of Specialist Survey that clients may need to understand defects in their existing home including building advice concerning attic conversions or other building works.
“The Property Survey undertaken by you was the least hassle we had with the process. We found the survey to be extremely detailed and thorough. The level of detail was more then we expected, but nevertheless we were quite happy to be made aware of it. The report was read by our Solicitors, as well as Civil and Structural Engineers in the family. All the professionals remarked on the detail and accuracy and had very positive soundings on your work. The report has given us a good basis of what to attend to and what to look for when we move in, and we will be using it comprehensively to help us get settled. I would have no hesitation in recommending Property Health Check to anyone in a similar situation and would be happy to endorse your efforts in anyway. If you need anything further, by all means come back to us”.
David and Lisa Shanahan
When to call Property Health Check
- You are buying a new or older home and want to know its true condition, and not end up with a money pit
- You are thinking of converting your attic or building an extension and need independent professional advice
- You are selling your property and need certificates of compliance with planning permission and building regulations
- You have damp or condensation problems in your house.
- You want to learn how to make your home more energy efficient
- You want to know the true location of your boundary and / or party walls
- When you are selling your property and need to get certificates and / or opinions for changes carried out to same.
Why you should call us for your specialised surveys
Any survey is only as good as the detailed building survey report you receive following the property inspection. The cost of a building survey is determined by the extent of the survey. Having a very detailed building survey report can help you renegotiate with vendors and also allow you to pull out of the purchase if serious defects are found.
Additional specialised iInfrared survey utilizing an infrared camera will allow us to see defects that other building surveyors who do not use modern surveying equipment will miss. The infrared camera can detect what the human eye can not. In a recent house survey we found a well disguised leak at the chimney which the vendor had (likely) tried to conceal. Without this specialized piece of equipment most building surveyors would not have been able to identify this problem. Why, you may ask? The seller had painted over the moisture stains making this problem invisible to buyers and building surveyors alike. The infrared technology saved our client more than a thousand Euros in repair costs.
A separate specialist infrared camera (depending on requirements) will help your surveyor identify survey defects including:
- Roof Leaks
- Missing Insulation
- Plumbing Problems
- Heating Issues
- Damp and Condensation
- Improper Fitted Insulation
- Draughty Windows and Doors
Property Health Check can provide home buyers with thorough specialist surveys using the power of infrared technology, depending on individual requirements..
“We had Peter conduct a survey on a 3 bed semi- detached 1950s house in Dundrum. Having obtained 3 quotes, we chose Peter and Stella because we got the feeling from speaking to them that we would get a professional job with a personal touch. We were not disappointed. Stella was very friendly and happy to give advice and answer questions”.
“His written report was very comprehensive. In the weeks following the survey, I phoned Peter on 3 separate occasions with questions. He was more than happy to chat on the phone until my questions were answered. We really felt like Peter and Stella took pride in their work and that they treated the survey as if it was for their own home. We would highly recommend Property Health Check as an experienced and professional team.”
Jerry & Claire, Dundrum, D14
“Thank you very much for your detailed report (our solicitor said it was the best one he has ever seen). We have addressed the items you mentioned with the vendor.
I would have no problems recommending you to anybody I know.”
“Feedback is positive; it was an efficient, no-fuss service, and if anyone we know is buying in Dublin we will recommend you. I appreciated Peter’s willingness to talk with me informally and at length about the properties in addition to providing the detailed written reports. Thanks, Peter, and Stella.”
“May I take this opportunity to commend the high quality of the survey and indeed the speed and professionalism of its presentation. As it transpires, we did not attend the auction and believe that your survey saved us from the very scenario we wished to avoid. We were prepared to pay a premium price for a house in turn key condition. Your survey indicated that particular house was merely a cosmetic masterpiece.”